Thursday, April 16, 2009

ThUrSdAy mOrNinG

I was lazing around, not knowing what to do or what am I going to do. Will this day will just fly by like the other days too?

'......................'


Holiday = lazing......yeah,that sums it all up.

I watched a movie 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button' this morning. A pretty slow and dull storyline. I yawned all the way, but somehow I managed to stay awake. Guess that the adrenaline in my blood are working overtime today.

There are only two things that caught my interest; one is the Yat accent n two, what in the world is Mr. Button's disease?? A man aged into a baby......and people will say that in movies, anything's possible. And yet, people (atheists especially) still refute the God's existence in the real world * sigh *

It's such a pleasurable echo in my ears to hear people of New Orleans uttering out the English their style....well, unlike Kelantanese, they don't change words for one particular thing, they just have a...uhh...some sorta melody when they speak, like for example ' Where y'at?' ----> n thus the name Yat dialect. I dunno.......I just happen to fancy it. Hope that I can speak that way, but my Kelantan is so deeply rooted in my tongue, the words are just plain English, Malay's slang........(or is it,now?)

I do understand what Mr. Dean has to say about people speaking english sounded like Kelantang.....Kelantanese' slang is magnificent, rest assured. English, too. But when they're together, that's when everything went wrong. Dialects are a mere play of the tongue, actually. You can bend it, you can shape it, you can mold it into any melodies you want. Certainly, Kelantanglish is one of them slangs, but not those among pleasant-to-hear kind.


person 1: Yeh, miste. Whak can'g' i do fo u'h'...?

person 2: I wan to buy commik buk. Do u'h' hef Naghuto?

person 1: I e'm' soghi, se'h'. Naghuto is sol aouk todey'h'. I hev Gempok, Dek Ceghedah, Budok Getoh, Kuntong, Anok-anok Sidek, kawe...So meni. Whish wang do you wan....?

person 2: It is okeh lah. I go find other sho'. tengkiyuh.....

person 1: we-kem, we-kem.



Well, hope somebody can decipher the message there. Even speaking the english in that kinda slang is tricky enough, what more if typing 'em......

I found myself hating to hear this kinda sound. I sought for songs, movies, and stood in front of the mirror, and just start pouring out words, sentences, essays, short stories, scripts, novels...trying to sound like them actors and actresses of white colours. I was easily mesmerized by Malays who sounded like their tongues were of Caucasian's. I sang along songs, English songs, and hear myself singing (though the voice is only pleasant to ma ears).....do I sound like them? or I plainly sounded Kelantang still? Am I being too over conscious with myself over some silly slangs....?


Read, people. And practice. HARD.


OMG~! It's already afternoon. Anak gadis ummi x mandi lagi....ayyaakkKK~~

10 comments:

  1. [awerz]ceh...die pon same x mandi....

    ReplyDelete
  2. ko nk ngate pok nik ek..2 cnth plg seswai..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. [apos] mane de...aku x ngata, malah aku bersetuju ngan die....(macam bajet bodek je....eeuuuwww~~)

    ReplyDelete
  4. kenapa aku baru tau ko ada blog nih!

    ReplyDelete
  5. accent is not important. pronunciation & grammar takes priority over things. when you force your accents, you sound funny.

    improve your pronunciation, enunciate, and voila! you have admirable english verbal skills.

    kelantanese accent? be proud of it. look at indians and all the tongue-twisting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok. akhirnye aku bace jugak entry ko lepas aku desaturate-kan blog ko untuk hilangkan merah jambu yang banyak ni.

    Aku mati-mati ingat cite tu adaptation dari confession of max tivolli. tapi sangat cool sebab die boleh wat brad pitt mude balik. mesti angau angelina jolie.

    And about the accent, I like Irish accent. You should watch My Hero on BBC. Funny as hell.

    ReplyDelete
  7. [jamil] baru setahun jamil...eh...jagung je blog aku neh.....err, br 2 hari...welcome2..

    [sop]right now, it's about accents. grammar n pronunciation, that's another story.

    [aw3rz]mslh penglihatan ek? silau merah jambu ko tinggi...g pakai spek mato itam ko....
    irish---> they sounded like they have a thick vocal cord and a wide vocal cord area...hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  8. mokcik - cool sgt ke menyebut 'but' sbg 'bird' atau 'because' sbg 'beakers'? org putih x impress pon ko bleh tiru accent sbb yg lg penting bg diorg ialah cara sebutan & tatabahasa. org m'sia je yg impressed salah tempat.

    be proud of our m'sian accent beakers i am.

    ReplyDelete
  9. [sop]ko ade mslh ke kalu aku pay attention to accents as much as i pay to both grammars and pronunciation? duhh~?

    accept the differences between me and you. can u do that?

    ReplyDelete

orang lain kate ape